Adopt a Family Donations
Thank you so much to everyone who helped contribute to our Adopt-a-Family's Thanksgiving meals. The contributions were greatly appreciated at the community center. Donations for over 700 families were being accepted at the center, so many families in need are benefitting from this program.
We are continuing to collect donations for Vista Del Camino's Adopt a Family Program. We are sponsoring 2 families for Christmas. For every item that you donate, receive a raffle ticket for our Christmas Raffle!
Items that we are collecting:
Children's gifts & clothing - 3 gifts per child
Grocery store gift cards
Household items - blankets, towels
Family #1 is a mom & dad with 5 kids
Girl age 8, Boy age 5, Boy age 10, Boy age 14, Boy age 14. Dad has been out of work due to an injury, so this program will help provide gifts under the tree for their children.
Family #2 is a mom & daughter
Girl age 6
Mom is the only income provider and is needing additional help this holiday season.
Health Tip of the Month - Holiday Shopping Tips to Save Your Back
During the holiday season, we're running at maximum capacity which can lead to stress and even depression. Staying active, stretching and staying hydrated can help to increase our capacity and help us deal with the activities of the season. The American Chiropractic Association offers the following tips:
- Wear shoes with plenty of cushioning & support in the soles
- Make sure the clothing you wear is as comfortable as possible
- Leave your heavy purse at home
- Ask for help if you're purchasing an item that's heavy, odd-shaped, or hard to reach. Be more patient, ask for help, and don't try to do it yourself
- During a day of heavy shopping, most people should take a break every 45 minutes. Those who lead a sedentary lifestyle may need to take a break every 20-30 minutes, while those who are physically active may get away with taking less frequeny breaks.
- Don't carry around more than is absolutely necessary at one time. Take frequent trips back to your car.
- When taking breaks, try to eat light foods. A salad and some fruit is a much better option thatn a burger and fries. We actually need to eat better than normal during the holiday season, due to the stress and exhaustion often associated with the holidays.
- Your best bet - shop online!!
Since there is no "ideal" position for wrapping gifts, the most important thing to remember is to vary your positions. For example, try standing at a table or countertop for one package, sitting on a bed for another, and sitting in a comfortable chair for another, etc. Do not wrap packages while sitting on the floor. Wrapping packages while sitting on a hard floor can wreak havoc on your posture, and should be avoided.
December Massage Special
Buy a massage gift certificate and get $5 off your next massage!